I got a real laugh out of this. It is an opinion piece from the Wall Street Journal online. It is ironic but oh so true….
A Doctor’s Plan for Legal Industry Reform
My modest proposal to rearrange how lawyers do business.
By RICHARD B. RAFAL a radiologist in New York City
Since we are moving toward socialism with ObamaCare, the time has come to do the same with other professions—especially lawyers. Physician committees can decide whether lawyers are necessary in any given situation.
At a town-hall meeting in Portsmouth, N.H., last month, our uninformed lawyer in chief suggested that we physicians would rather chop off a foot than manage diabetes since we would make more money doing surgery. Then President Obama compounded his attack by claiming a doctor’s reimbursement is between “$30,000” and “$50,000” for such amputations! (Actually, such surgery costs only about $1,500.) ….
Following are highlights of a proposed bill authorizing the dismantling of the current framework of law practice and instituting socialized legal care:
• Contingency fees will be discouraged, and eventually outlawed,
over a five-year period.
• Legal “DRGs.”
• Legal “death panels.”
• Ration legal care.
• Physician controlled legal review.
• Discourage/eliminate specialization.
• Electronic legal records.
• Ban legal advertisements.
• New government oversight.
• Collect data about the supply of and demand for attorneys.
• Lawyer Reduction Act (H.R. -3200).
Go read it all.